Thursday, September 26, 2013

Magazine Lecture

During this lecture, I found it interesting because I love reading magazines and I read them all the time. I didn't know that magazines were the first national media, I always thought that was newspapers so that was pretty cool to learn.  I also didn't know magazines started many innovations such as investigative reporting, personality profiles, and photo journalism.  One reason this lecture appealed to me is because I want to go into photo journalism for J&C so it was neat to learn about where photo journalism originated from.  I didn't know that magazines demassified because of the television.  The invention of the television made magazines lose their advertisements and audiences.  However, magazines are still popular among many people today.

No comments:

Post a Comment