Thursday, September 26, 2013

Books Lecture

Although this wasn't my favorite lecture that Mr. Miller gave us, it was still interesting to me because I don't think I realized that books were such an important part of our lives and daily education.  I couldn't believe it when I realized that without the invention of the printing press, our literacy level would be very low.  Also, books which are such a huge part of our lives now, would be a rare item and would be sure to cost a great amount of money.  Now books are something that we really don't think of as having value and that really interested me.  Thanks to Yohan Gutenburg, books became easier to print and became available to more and more people.  It caused the spread of science, literature, arts, and political ideas.  I think his invention really changed humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment